Location: Austin, Texas
Location: Austin, Texas
Leigh de la Reza graduated from St. Mary’s School of Law having already helped clients. While in law school she worked with pro bono clients at the St. Mary’s University Law School Center for Legal and Social Justice. She began her professional work as an attorney working for the Juvenile Public Defender’s Office and in that capacity, honed her trial skills. She’s a formidable opponent in trial, partially due to extensive preparation, but also due to her innate ability to think on her feet and change course as a trial unfolds. On her own, she began taking family law cases and realized that she could make a real difference in her clients’ and their children’s’ lives. From that point forward she dedicated herself to family law. She became Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in 2014.
Leigh listens and works hard on the issues that are most important to her clients. She explains the law in ways that are understandable to her clients, and uses her knowledge to achieve the best results for them. She combines excellent legal skills, broad experience and a genuine empathy to serve as an advocate for her clients in their time of great stress and angst.
Leigh’s parents divorced early, so she understands firsthand the issues of single parenting. Also, as the mother of twins and the wife of a firefighter, she knows what it’s like to be on her own with two children a lot of the time. These life experiences help her understand her client’s situations from a personal viewpoint.
As a partner at the Vaught Law Firm, Leigh continues the tradition of the firm which includes exceptional client service, outstanding legal skills, a genuine passion for her work and a true compassion for her clients.
Leigh has been selected as a fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers — a group devoted to the recognition of the top 1,600 divorce lawyers in the country.
- Summary Judgments in Divorce, 38th Annual Advanced Family Law Course, Houston, Texas, August, 2012
- Dawson Texas Juvenile Law, 7th Edition, Legal Advisor and Editor, 2010
- Intercounty Transfer, Juvenile Law Nuts and Bolts, July, 2010
- Know When to Hold ‘Em, Know When to Fold ‘Em: Settlement Agreements, Rule 11 Agreements, Informal Settlement Agreements and Mediated Settlement Agreements, State Bar of Texas 36th Annual Marriage Dissolution Seminar, April, 2013
- What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate: Attacking and Defending Settlement Agreements, State Bar of Texas 39th Annual Advanced Family Law Course, August, 2013
Honors and Awards
- Pro Bono Achievement Award, St. Mary’s University, School of Law
- Best Speaker, Moot Court Competition, St. Mary’s University, School of Law
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- J.D. – 2005
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- B.A. – 2002
- 2007 Special Legislative Issue, Juvenile Law Section Report, 2007
- Legislation Impacting Sex Offenders and Victims, Annual Post-Legislative Conference, 2007
- Juvenile Alcohol Violations, and Juvenile Expunctions, Justice and Municipal Court Judges Conference, 2007
- Juvenile Law Overview, Justice Court, 2007
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities, Juvenile Law Conference, 2007
- Recent Case law, Juvenile Law Conference, State Bar of Texas, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- Williamson County Bar Association, Member
- Bell County Bar Association, Member
- Vaught Law Firm, P.C, Shareholder
- Council for At Risk Youth, Board Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Leigh de la Reza, P.C, Shareholder
- Texas Juvenile Probation Commission, Attorney
- Travis County Juvenile Public Defender, Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Member, Pro Bono Committee, State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section