Location: Austin, Texas
Location: Austin, Texas
Since 2012, Jason Wright has been licensed to practice law in the state of Texas. His passion and dedication to family law was evident ever since his time at Texas Wesleyan School of Law as he worked in a clinic for low-income families. Jason primarily focuses on divorce, but also tackles complex child custody and property matters. While the vast majority of family law cases are resolved via mediation or informal settlement agreements, Jason is not afraid to fight for his clients in the courtroom. His clients often remark on his ability to empathize with them as they experience the emotional highs and lows of a case.
In addition to practicing family law, Jason also finds satisfaction helping those who have been wronged as consumers. Jason has successfully represented clients under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Act and finds a great deal of satisfaction helping the “little man” prevail against unscrupulous manufactures, sellers, and service providers.
Originally a Fort Worth native, Jason came to Austin in 1994 and has called it home ever since. After deciding to attend law school, he returned to Fort Worth to attend Texas Wesleyan School of Law. While in law school, Jason was active in the Student Bar Association on school and regional levels. He was elected as Executive Lieutenant Governor of the 13th Circuit and awarded the ABA Silver Key, the highest accolade a Circuit can bestow to a student. In addition, Jason founded Texas Wesleyan Journal of Real Property Law. Since passing the bar, Jason continues to be involved with the Austin Bar Association, the Williamson County Bar Association, and the Texas Family Law Section of the State Bar.
When he’s not volunteering or working, Jason likes to play golf and racquetball as well as spending time with his beautiful wife and two children.
Honors and Awards
- 2016 Susan Covington Pro Bono Award Honoree
- 2013 TYLA/Austin Bar Leadership Academy
- 2008 Leadership Austin Emerge Graduate
- Pro Bono College, State Bar of Texas
- Eagle Scout
- Texas Wesleyan School of Law
- Founder, Journal of Real Property Law
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Fraternity
- ABA Silver Key Recipient
- University of Texas, Austin
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Williamson County Bar Association, Member
- Texas Family Law Foundation, Member
- Texas Bar College, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Jason Wright, PLLC
Volunteer & Charitable Organizations
- Volunteer Legal Services
- Coordinator, Pro Se Divorce Clinic
- Longhorn Council, Boy Scouts of America
- CASA of Travis County
- St. Alban’s Masonic Lodge, Past Master